Education & Workforce Division
A well-educated, well-trained, and readily available workforce is vital to the region’s business community. The Central Louisiana Chamber of Commerce supports area workforce programs, as well as initiatives that address the mismatch in labor supply and demand. The Chamber also recognizes that public education is essential to business. An educated citizenry is critical to a competent workforce. Therefore, the Chamber supports programs, policies, and legislation that encourage world class public education systems and enables and fosters collaboration between the education and business communities.
: Create a competitive advantage for Chamber members by growing and improving the workforce through results-driven education and workforce initiatives and partnerships.
: Facilitate partnerships that produce a globally-competitive workforce.
Plan of Work:
- Partners with CLEDA, Rapides Foundation, Orchard Foundation and others to enhance local workforce, promote WorkKeys and Work Ready Community, and host job fairs
- Facilitates the identification of future workforce needs and strategies to meet the identified needs
- Supports talent retention and attraction efforts
- Ensures adequate future workforce by supporting programs that provide meaningful job opportunities for the region's high school and college students
- Works to attract young professionals to the region
- Supports efforts that ensure and expand access to public higher education to all residents of our community